I offer a professional and bespoke service where I work with you to produce a memoir you can be proud of. It’s an ideal gift to mark a birthday, anniversary or reunion.
First of all, who do you want to interview? Do you want to capture the stories of one person? Or maybe you want to net the recollections of a few people on a particular subject?
Secondly do you want to save these stories in audio, film or book form – spoken voice, memory books or life films? I can help you work out which option best suits your goals and suggest some creative ways on how to thread the stories together.
On being briefed I will put together a quote for your approval, with a contract and payment schedule.
- On being commissioned I ask you to complete a research pack on the person(s) you want interviewed. This background research is essential as it helps me gain a rounded picture of whom I’m going to interview and an insight into what type of questions will best draw out their stories. Do you want the interviews based around photographs, a collection, a place, letters, diaries etc? Any digitised imagery should be supplied to us where possible.
- The interviews are scheduled at a time and date to suit you.
- The interviews are conducted in a professional and sensitive manner by phone or in person. With the use of small professional cameras and audio equipment any recording or filming at home is kept as inobtrusive as possible to retain a relaxed atmosphere.
- If applicable on-site photography, filming and digitisation of archive imagery will take place on the same day as home interviews.
- For spoken voice: the conversations are edited and ordered into chapters of engaging recollections. A script can also be developed to tie the stories together with a narrative voice-over. On approval of the edit any narration is recorded and the soundtrack is given a final mix before being mastered.
- For memory books: the conversations are transcribed and edited around images to form an illustrated memoir. A script can be developed to link the recollections if wanted. On approval of the content and layout design the book is printed.
- For life films: the conversations, locations shots and any archive images are edited into an insightful documentary. A script can be developed to link the recollections if wanted. On approval of the edit any narration is recorded and the soundtrack is given a final mix before the film is mastered.